Yield: 12 servings (1 slice per serving)
3 bananas (well-ripened)
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1/3 cup milk
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 ½ cups flour (whole-wheat)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Peel the bananas. Put them in a mixing bowl. Mash the bananas with a fork.
3. Add the egg, oil, milk, sugar, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Mix well with the
4. Slowly stir the flour into the banana mixture. Stir for 20 seconds until the flour is
5. Lightly grease the bread pan with a little oil -OR- cooking spray -OR- line it with wax
6. Pour the batter into the bread pan.
7. Bake for 45 minutes until a toothpick inserted near the middle comes out clean.
8. Let the bread cool for 5 minutes before removing it from the pan.