If you’ve ever savored the flavor of a summer-sweet tomato plucked straight from the vine, or enjoyed a juicy, fresh-off-the-grill burger crafted from locally harvested meat… you understand the appeal of local, regional food.
Wyoming Farm 2 Plate makes it easy to connect consumers (whether that’s families, schools, retailers or producers) with quality produce and beef from trusted local and regional providers.
The rewards from participating in programs like Wyoming Farm 2 Plate are tremendous!
Everyone benefits from eating local—from the children who load up their trays in the school cafeteria, to the members of the local economy from which the food was sourced.
- Strengthened knowledge about, and a positive attitude toward, agriculture, food, nutrition and the environment
- Increased participation numbers in school meals programs
- Increased consumption of fruits and vegetables, leading to overall improved nutrition, reduced hunger, and the prevention of obesity and its related diseases in children whose schools participate in the program
- Improved school food budgets (and improved meals!) when meal planning and menu choices align with seasonal availability of fresh, minimally processed whole foods
- Economic development and job creation across numerous sectors
- Increased market opportunities for farmers, fishers, ranchers, food processors and food manufacturers
- Reduced greenhouse gas emissions and reliance on/use of oil by decreasing the distance between producers and consumers
Would you like to provide quality and nutritious food to your local community? Create your listing today to make sure local consumers, retailers and schools know how to find you!