Not Smart Snack
cooking oil spray
1 small zucchini (small, washed and chopped)
1/2 broccoli head (washed and chopped)
1 green bell pepper (washed, seeded and chopped)
1 onion (small, peeled and chopped)
1 carrot (scrubbed and shredded)
4 whole wheat tortillas (10-inch)
1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded low-fat)
1/2 cup salsa
1. Spray pan with cooking oil spray.
2. Cook vegetables on medium heat for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from pan.
3. Spray pan with cooking spray. Place tortilla in the pan. Sprinkle with half the vegetables and half of
4. Place the other tortilla on top. Cook on medium heat for 4-6 minutes or until the cheese starts to melt
and the bottom tortilla starts to brown.
5. Flip quesadilla. Cook for 4 minutes or until tortilla browns.
6. Repeat steps 3-5.
7. Cut each quesadilla in half. Serve with salsa.
Maryland Food Supplement Nutrition Education program, 2009 Recipe Calendar