30 ounces (2 cans) canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 Tablespoon Cajun seasoning, heaping
1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
1 teaspoon onion powder (optional)
1. Drain garbanzos in a strainer and rinse well with cool water. Shake to help remove
water. Let sit to drain while proceeding.
2. Cover a rimmed cookie sheet or shallow casserole dish with cooking spray. Pour
garbanzos on the foil and spread them into a single layer. Take a few sheets of paper
towel and gently press over the top of the beans just to remove any extra liquid- speeds
cooking time too.
3. Spray top of beans with cooking spray and sprinkle seasonings over the beans. Shake
pan to help distribute the seasoning and make sure the beans are all in a single layer.
4. Place pan in an oven and set to 350 F- no need to preheat. Use lowest rack of oven and
return every 15-20 minutes or so to shake the pan so nothing burns. Be gentle or they
may spill over the sides. Cook until beans are browned and crispy. About 45 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and pour into a plastic bowl with tight fitting lid to cool. Careful they
are HOT to the touch!
6. Snack away! Keep these stored in the bowl for best freshness or in a Ziploc bag.