8 large mushrooms (approx. 3″ in diameter)
4 cloves garlic
3/4 cup white onion
3 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon dried sage
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 cup whole-wheat bread crumbs
1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (chopped fine)
3/4 cup canned, drained, no-salt added chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 375 °F.
2. Clean mushrooms with a paper towel or vegetable brush; remove stems to use for the filling.
3. While oven is warming, put mushroom caps (open side down) in oven for 10 minutes. This will
prepare the caps for stuffing.
4. Chop the garlic and onions and sauté with 1 tsp olive oil. One minute before they are finished, add the
four herbs. After 1 minute, remove from heat.
5. In a large bowl, mash mushroom stems and chickpeas. Add all other ingredients. Mix well.
7. Lightly spray a baking sheet and the mushroom caps. Stuff the mushrooms with the mixture and place
on baking sheet.
9. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the stuffing is golden brown.
10. Remove from oven, sprinkle with an herb of your choice, and enjoy.