Yield 18 servings
2 cups cornmeal
1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 ½ Tablespoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¾ cup buttermilk
¼ cup egg mix
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1. In a large bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
2. In another bowl, combine buttermilk, egg mix, and vegetable oil. Beat until well blended.
3. Add buttermilk mixture all at once to dry ingredients. Stir until well mixed.
4. Turn mixture onto a lightly floured board and knead only 10 times.
5. Roll out to a thickness of 1/4 inch and cut with a 3/4-inch-round cutter.
6. Cook on a warm ungreased griddle or frying pan for about 10 minutes on each side.