Yield: 12 servings
¾ cup all-purpose flour
¾ cup whole-wheat flour
¾ cup Splenda or other sweetener
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
2/3 cup low-fat milk
3 small apples
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and lightly spray muffin pan with cooking spray.
2. Mix all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, Splenda, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon in
a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the applesauce, egg and milk.
4. Pour applesauce mixture into flour mixture and stir until just blended; fold in apples.
5. Spoon mixture into muffin pan and bake for 25 minutes.