Not Smart Snack
Yield: 12 servings
1 cup whole-wheat flour
1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
1 egg, beaten
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup white sugar
2 Tablespoons butter
1 large carrot, finely shredded
¼ cup skim milk
1 teaspoon ginger
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon all spice
1/8 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 3500 degrees.
2. But butter into small cubes and let soften.
3. In large bowl combine flour and baking powder with butter, using a pastry cutter or
fingers to break down the butter into fine pieces mixed with the flour.
4. Add sugars, ginger, carrot, milk, beaten egg, vanilla, and spices to the mixture and mix
thoroughly with a wooden spoon or spatula.
5. Bake for 25 minute and let cool.