Link: No link, CNP recipe
Yield: 4 servings (1 cup per serving)
3 pounds apples
1 cup water
⅓ to ⅔ cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
1. Wash apples. Cut in quarters and remove core.
2. Combine ingredients in saucepan.
3. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 8 to 10
minutes or until apples are tender; add more water if necessary.
4. Remove from heat.
5. Mash with potato masher or process in blender or food processor to desired texture.
6. Serve warm or chilled. Stir before serving.
Variation: In a microwave-safe mixing bowl, combine ½ of each of the ingredients above. Cover
bowl with wax paper. Microwave 10 to 12 minutes, stirring twice. Mash or blend.